Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Our Dog Captain

Captain is my first dog and we didn't get off to a great start. I was trying to date to Vanessa and he was an ex-guard dog in the Coast Guard. He has a ferocious bark for Labrador and I was thinking this is just my luck with the friendliest breed there is.

Some of you know,I was bitten by a black Lab when I was 10 years old for probably antagonizing it and I have never felt a connection with dogs. However, 3 years ago, that all changed when we moved to the dog friendly community of Laguna Niguel. There were social dogs everywhere and being around dogs all the time allowed me to trust them again. Captain and I even have met a friendly wolf while taking a stroll in Monarch Beach.

Captain and I both love the beach. He is truly in his element when we go down to Tablerock in Laguna Beach this time of year. Normally, he's more social with humans, but when we go down there, he is friendly with all the dogs. He tries to rescue me when I'm in the water even though I'm treading water just fine. Sometimes, he even tries to rescue people that look like me.

This guy is the most special dog. He loves us unconditionally daily. He has taught me so much about life and his never give up attitude has been a blessing on our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment